Let’s revise the necessities of life: food, shelter, money, and smartphones!
It’s the 21st century and nothing is possible without networking and communication. Smartphones turn out to be the bridge everyone needs to maintain connections, relationships, jobs, and let’s face it, A Social Life.
Jumping on the other basic need, Money! Since people can barely survive without their cell phones, it’s only fair that they should make some income out of it.
And yes! Anyone can do that because the phone in your hand can be used for more than just scrolling reels. There are various resources, tools, and apps that can help one to make some extra cash.
How To Make Money From Your Phone? [100% WORKING]
Here are the best ways to make money using smartphones, let’s quickly dive into them
1. Focus groups and surveys
Imagine getting paid for giving opinions and preferences; well, there are various sites/apps/websites that want to know feedback and suggestions in exchange for money. Few platforms that one can use:
- InboxDollar: This app gives incentives to people for doing things like watching movies, playing games, reading emails, and taking surveys.
How much one can earn: $5 sign-up bonus, after which members can earn between $0.05 to $0.25, but there are instances where one can earn $5, $10, or even $25.
- Survey Junkie: One can earn rewards by sharing their web browsing records in addition to answering survey questions. They’ll get points every time they complete a survey or offer data, which they exchange for gift cards or cash.
How much one can earn: from $2.00 per hour to $5.00 per hour completing surveys.
2. Gigs and services
Side hustles are a trend. Why? Because it’s good money and doesn’t require a 9 to 5 commitment. Gigs like poster making, freelancing, advertising, etc are need of the hour and these jobs can be easily found on various apps, for instance:
- Fiverr: it is a freelance marketplace where people can find employment in a variety of fields, from digital marketing to computer engineering one can make a reasonable income providing their experience and knowledge, depending on the services they deliver.
How much one can earn: it depends on the quality of work and time one may provide but average earnings on Fiverr range from $500 and upwards for freelancers.
- Upwork: Individuals with artistic and computer-related abilities might use Upwork to seek freelance work. It's a dependable approach to generate money rapidly if you're skilled in graphic design or marketing.
3. Trade-in Your Old Stuff on Amazon
This option may not fetch some cash but it sure will get their members gift cards and vouchers.If anyone’s product qualifies, they'll get an offer for an Amazon gift card and discounts on a new purchase. It’s free of cost, and Amazon will cover the delivery costs and provide you with a free shipping label.
investments are in major trend these days for a lot of reasons but mostly because they can maximize one's savings without giving up anything and it’s free to use. Some mobile apps to start the journey into investment and saving are:
Acorns: one can start with as less as a dollar per month. There are no minimum balance requirements or overdraft fees. Acorns has also partnered with over 300 businesses to provide cash bonuses when you shop at their online store. The funds are deposited into your bank account.
Robinhood: if one has a better understanding of investment and is not a beginner, this app can turn out to be a better platform as it allows one to trade stocks, funds, and other financial products from their phone. Users can invest as little as $1 in over 5,000 stocks, ETFs, and cryptocurrency with this simple choice.
5. Leverage your content on social media
one of the best motivations a social media influencer can have is to make money while doing something they love and invest their hours in.
How it works: getting sponsorship for trivial stuff they post about for instance skin care, using various products and giving reviews, opinions and perspectives regarding any issue and everything that they can turn into content.Tips: keeping in mind that making money this way requires a lot of effort and is time-consuming, it’s advisable to use only if one has passion and patience for the journey.
6. Manage social media of brands
one might be able to make a living as a social media manager if one spends a lot of time on social media. Social media managers are responsible for managing corporations, celebrities, and other entrepreneurs' social media accounts.
How does it work: one can earn money online from clients/brands/companies by serving their work requirements, if it’s freelancing then people get paid hourly. Apps like Fiverr, Flexjobs, and Upwork can be used to get gigs.How much one can earn: someone with 2-to-4-year experience can earn 6 lakhs per year, it can reach up to 8 to 10 lakhs for someone with more expertise.
7. Watch videos
Getting paid to watch videos can help people supplement their income monthly. However, it is rarely a full-time source of income. If they watch advertising regularly, they may earn $100 or more every month.
Apps that you can use:
- MyPoints: allows users to earn prizes by watching videos on the internet or through mobile apps. They can boost their income by watching movies and completing market research questionnaires about them.
Gift cards, airline miles, and PayPal cash can all be exchanged for points. They also provide a $10 gift card as a welcome incentive.
- Netflix: enlists the help of remote workers to view movies and television programs to tag them for search results. This is more of a genuine job opening.
As a result, you can spend your days earning money from a side hustle you can conduct in your spare time.
8. Play games
Although it may appear implausible and fake, there are some very excellent websites and apps that allow you to earn money or other forms of income by playing games, shopping, conducting surveys, eating out, and much more.
Apps to use:
- Swagbucks: is a top platform for folks wishing to play video games while still having other money-making choices. It is completely free to use. All that is required to get started is a high-speed Internet connection.
- Paid game player: this website enables you to do things like play games, watch advertisements, and survey questionnaires in exchange for money. If you want to have an ad-free experience then you need to pay an amount of 4.99 $.
9. Surf the web
Most people spend a significant amount of time on computers, reading, and checking email; why not make money while doing so?
These work-at-home jobs range in level from beginner (gift cards and sweepstakes entries) to intermediate and part-time. Some professions just require basic online skills, while others demand more in-depth experience, analytical skills, and advanced technologies.
Sites that can help you to earn:
- Microsoft rewards: Simply by signing in, Microsoft users can register their accounts to earn points for accessing the web.
Gift cards for movies, applications, games, and retail establishments can be redeemed with Microsoft rewards points. Visitors can earn points by doing 10-50 searches every day, depending on their degree of usage. If they earn 5,000 points, you can exchange them for a $5 gift card.
- Lionbridge: You can charge an hourly rate to complete searches and chores to help increase the quality of Internet search engine results if you're internet smart and familiar with the research.
Selling things is one method to generate money quickly and easily from your phone. The amount you make is mostly determined by the quality of your things as well as the cost of shipping them. However, with the correct tools, it's really simple to earn some additional income. Apps can also be used to sell gently used products such as clothing, books, and electronics.
- e-bay: e-Bay has long been regarded as a place to sell your unwanted stuff online, but their mobile app is just as handy. Your listings will sync across all of your devices, allowing you to keep track of your sales at all times.
According to a report, the average annual income of an eBay seller is around $35,000. Some of the top earners make as much as $70,000 a year, while others make only a few thousand. It all relies on how much inventory you can sell, how much your things cost, and any additional costs you have, such as shipping materials.
- Depop: De-clutter your home and utilize Depop to sell goods that are unique and interesting to others. It's true that what one person considers garbage is considered a treasure by another. On stuff you don't want to keep, you can make anywhere from $5 to $100 or more. You decide on a price and then see who is willing to pay it.
The app deducts a 10% fee from the whole price, including shipping. Depop will charge you $3 if you sell an item for $20 and charge $10 for delivery. However, because you're using PayPal, you'll be charged those fees as well.
11. Sell Your Old Stuff
Fan of hoarding and throwing away stuff seems like a challenge? Even when you can get money from it? Well, those old books, clothes, furniture, and other household stuff can be used to make some extra cash!
Some mobile apps which can help in this are:
- Decluttr: This app can be used to sell electronics and media such as cell phones, games, DVDs, CDs, and books. It provides free shipping on all orders and quick cash for the products you sell the next day.
How to use it: The steps to use the app are quite easy:
download > collect item > scan barcode > ship your item > get paid (in PayPal or direct bank account.
- Poshmark: Poshmark introduces you to people whose fashion you may like and allows you to shop their clothing and accessories with ease.
12. Sell Your Data
as much as it sounds like an invasion of privacy, it is not. The data you can sell involves seeking your permission first and it’s completely ethical and safe, not just that it can help you make some extra cash without having to do any extra work. Sounds like a win?
Nielsen’s computer and the mobile panel is an app that can help you with the same.
How to use it: just downloading this app will do the work, this will keep a track of how a person uses their phone and give their company a valuable report about the same.How much one can earn: starting up with a $50 sign-up bonus, and then it includes gift vouchers and coupons which one can easily redeem.
13. Be a User Testing Participant
Brands are interested in hearing what customers have to say about their goods and services and people get paid for it as well.
Websites that one can use:
User Testing: out of all the other apps this is the best one, here various new start-ups and companies want valuable feedback to enhance their apps and websites or for modifications. All one needs to do to make money are a laptop and an earphone; they need to record their voice as they are accessing the features of the website/app.
How much can one earn: the website claims that participants can earn $4 for a 5-minute user test and $10 for a 20 minutes user test. For live interviews, the pay can go up from $30 to $120
- Utest: is a similar company that one can try for the same.
14. Taking Photos and Videos for Extra Money
love snapping pictures about everything random to cute aesthetics, well those can be used not just as one Instagram aesthetic story but to make decent money by selling them on the internet. As impossible as it sounds, it is the easiest way to make money.
Apps that can be used
- FOAP: is a free app, you can use it to sell, or even resell your pictures. All one needs to do is create their own portfolio which includes a collection of their clicked pictures and Voila! Their portfolio is ready to earn.
How much one can earn: one gets to keep 50 percent of the purchase, each photo is sold for $10, so per photo, they make $5.
- Shutterstock: In the long term, as a photographer, you can make a lot of money using this marketplace. Shutterstock merchants have profited over $500 million globally, according to its website!
Shutterstock allows one to safeguard their copyrights, so they have complete control over how their photographs are used. Shutterstock also gives credit to the image's creators, which is a significant benefit that protects their intellectual property and promotes your business.How much one can earn: photographers will earn a percentage of the price Shutterstock receives for licensing your content, it varies from person to person.
15. Become a social media influencer
Do you have a few thousand Instagram followers and are working your way up the social media influencer ladder?
How to do that: one can start with picking up a niche, followed up by creating a social media page and posting content along with constant engagement with their audience, then join an influencer network (a community network is a key to opportunities).
Earning potentials: as soon as one starts getting sponsorship for their posts, they can start monetizing their content. People with less than 2000 followers can charge 124$ and those with more than 5000 can charge $137.
16. Start freelancing
freelancing using a phone can be challenging but not everyone can afford it or has access to it 24*7, in that case, should one leave an opportunity to do work and be paid per project? Seems a bit unfair. Here are some freelancing work ideas to do using your phone:
- Cold emailing: Cold emailing is defined as sending high-quality emails to a small number of clients rather than sending the same low-quality emails to thousands of clients. Don't be one of those folks who send out mass cold emails to potential clients. Rather, devote some time to research, devise a strategy, and bait to gain attention.
Earning potential: an average email marketing specialist can make about $50,000 a year.
- Content writing: content writing as work has seen optimum growth in the past few years due to maximum consumption of content online, be it OTT platforms, digital blogs, or websites. Publishing your content on Medium's paywall is an easy method to make money with your writing skills.
Earning potential: According to Medium's statistics, writers made as much as $17,126.40 in March, with a single-story earning $5,099.90. Although you may not earn this much right away, you will be able to earn more as time goes on.
In a world where people are worried about losing their productivity because of an unhealthy amount of screen time, and scrolling social media for meaningless content, be the one who uses smartphones for smart work by making not just some but a lot of money.
Making money should not be the end goal rather it should be more about exposure and growth, though the above methods are a quick tip into the money-making world, it doesn’t provide one with a stable income, that will require some real-life work experience, until you reach that stability in your career, don’t hesitate to use the suggested way to make some extra cash.
Frequently asked questions
Q.1 What is a side hustle?
A side hustle is a part-time, less time-consuming work that one does to earn some extra money or get exposure and experience in the field they are interested in. A few examples of side hustles are baby-sitting, virtual assistance, emailing, etc.
Q.2 What should I do with the gift cards?
Gift cards in most cases can be directly redeemed as cash or can be used in a purchase. They are equivalent to wallet money and come with various discounts and refunds.